Four Leaf Rover 0ffer 3 different probiotic products, all from the Four Leaf Rover brand. So you're probably thinking "what's the difference?" and "which probiotic is best for my dog?" Read on to find out.
PROTECT is a daily probiotic for the maintenance of healthy guts. With whole food prebiotics and healthy soils to help safely remove toxic heavy metals from your dog.
PROTECT supports your dog's immune system. It contains
- Soil-based Probiotics: Used for digestive health, soil-based probiotics are better at surviving the stomach acids than traditional probiotics.
- Saccharomyces boulardii: A healthy, probiotic yeast used to fight disease-causing bacteria and yeast in the gut which helps with common issues such as diarrhea.
- Certified Organic Wild Blueberry Powder: Provides antioxidant protection to help maintain brain function and fight oxidative damage.
- Bentonite Clay, Chlorella, Humic & Fulvic Acid: Help to remove environmental toxins and dangerous heavy metals from your dog's body.
- Cabbage Juice Powder, Organic Dandelion & Burdock Root: Provide a healthy range of natural, whole-food pre and probiotics.
Bifido For Fido is used for digestive upset, constipation or bowel diseases. Bifido For Fido contains veterinary-approved bacteria strains that are shown to benefit dogs. It contains
- 13 PROVEN STRAINS-BIfido For Fido contains 13 different bacteria strains to promote diverse gut colonies.
- 50 BILLION CFU- Each jar of BFF contains 30 large dog servings of 50 Billion CFU for optimal gut and immune health.
- QUALITY PREBIOTICS- Prebiotics help probiotics grow and colonize. BFF contains high quality FOS and Jerusalem Artichoke.
Each probiotic strain in BFF is carefully chosen for its ability to survive the stomach acid and reach the gut.
Plus, Four Leaf Rover have added Saccharomyces boulardii, a special yeast that can battle Candida.
Is Bifido Fido useful for dogs with diarrhea?
Yes it is! One of Bifido For Fido's main treatment purposes is for diarrhea
Gut Guard is also a veterinary-formulated blend of gut soothing ingredients that can help seal leaky guts and reduce gut inflammation. Healthy guts are the key to healthy dogs.
Your dog's small intestine and colon are home to trillions of bacteria and microorganisms. These bugs are so critical to his health, they control most of his immune system ... and can even talk directly to his brain.
These friendly bacteria eat starches and fibres your dog can't digest and use them to manufacture beneficial metabolytes for your dog, such as his B vitamins, vitamin K, short chain fatty acids that control his immune system and inflammation, and amino acids. They also help protect your dog's gut lining.
This delicate balance of bugs can be disrupted by the wrong food, drugs and chemicals, heavy metals and antibiotics. This can allow harmful bacteria to colonize and their metabolytes cause inflammation in the gut lining. This is called dysbiosis.
The gut lining is single layer of cells with tight spaces between. When the gut is inflamed, these spaces widen. This allows undigested protein, harmful bacteria and other inflammatory factors to escape the digestive tract and enter the body.
This is called Leaky Gut. Because the toxins circulate the body and cause chronic, low-grade inflammation, leaky gut can cause chronic organ disease if not corrected.
Leaky Gut is the "great imitator" and is the root cause of many common inflammatory disorders. This includes allergies, yeast, arthritis, digestive issues, liver and kidney issues and more. If left unchecked, the chronic inflammation caused by leaky gut can even cause cancer.
Should Gut Guard be used after antibiotics or can it be started while my dog is still currently on anitibiotics?
Since antibiotics and other drugs can create damage to the gut, Gut Guard can help repair those issues and help to detox your dog from the toxins.