A list of 12 tips to help you get the most benefits from your Stain & Odor Remover
- Remove any solids and blot away fresh urine with an old towel or rag.
- After diluting according to instructions, apply generously to the stained area. Use the bottom of the bottle to rub and agitate the area. This helps work the formula deep down into the stain and helps break down the stain for the bacteria to eat. Make sure there’s plenty of formula for the Stain & Odor Remover to reach down into the carpet pad. The area should be wet!
- Don’t wipe up or dry the stained area after applying Stain & Odor Remover. The bacteria needs moisture to thrive and do its work. After applying the product, place a warm, wet, white towel over the area and step on the towel several times to help agitate. Leave the towel over the area for an hour and then remove it to allow the area to air dry.
- If the stain is still present after the carpet has dried, make sure the area is completely dry and then repeat the process a second time. Don’t allow the carpet to remain wet for more than 24 hours at a time.
- Berber and wool carpeting may require additional applications because they are more tightly knit and resistant to liquid. Be sure to work the product deep into the carpet.
- If your pet has urinated in the corner of the room or near a wall, make sure to apply product and saturate along the baseboard. Urine can get caught between the baseboard and wall and create an odor. The product needs to get both in the carpet and onto the baseboard.
- Allow the carpet to completely dry for the urine smell to totally vanish.
- If the urine spot is large or saturated deep into the carpet, a couple of applications may be required. This is normal.
- Use Stain & Odor Remover to clean your pet’s bedding for a clean and fresh smelling bed without the use of toxic chemicals.
- Applying Stain & Odor Remover to a mattress: Saturate the area so it can penetrate far enough down into the mattress. Use a dilution ratio of 5 parts warm water to 1 part Stain & Odor Remover concentrate. Place a warm, damp, white towel over the stained area and apply pressure for a few seconds. Leave the towel over the stain for an hour, then remove, and let the area completely dry. If the stain or odor is still present, wait until the mattress is dry and then proceed with a second application.
- Use Stain & Odor for bloodstains, grass stains, and anything else organic in nature!
Q: How does Stain & Odor Remover work?
A: Stain & Odor Remover works through bacterial and enzyme action. Formulas that only use enzymes do half of the job; it takes bacteria to complete it. When the bacteria become activated, enzymes are created that, in turn, break down more complex molecules into a form that the bacteria can eat and completely eliminate. The two work together to completely eliminate all stains and odors, including hard-to-reach pheromones. Unlike chemical formulas, the bacteria in Stain & Odor Remover eat waste and organic material. Once applied, it multiplies and continues to grow as long as it has a wet environment and adequate food supply. With chemicals there is no growth or multiplication.
Q: Can I use Stain & Odor Remover without diluting it first?
A: The bacteria in Stain & Odor Remover need to be “awakened” and that’s what happens when you mix it with warm water (just warm to the touch, NOT boiling). If you don’t dilute it, the bacteria will remain inactive and won’t work effectively to remove stains and odors. Once mixed with water, use within 7 days.
Q: How do I dilute Stain & Odor Remover?
A:It’s a smart idea to only mix what you think you might need for a 7-day period so you don’t waste product. For small stains, use a dilution ratio of 10 parts warm water to 1 part Stain & Odor Remover concentrate. For tougher stains, use it double strength – a dilution ratio of 10 parts warm water to 2 parts Stain & Odor Remover. Shake well before each use.
Q: My pet is taking antibiotics – will that or other pet medications affect the effectiveness of the bacteria blend?
A: Certain medications, especially antibiotics, contain anti-bacterial properties that will kill the bacteria in the Stain & Odor Remover concentrate. If your pet is on antibiotics or other medications and you find the product isn’t working as expected, first use a carpet extractor with warm water to pull up as much of the medicated urine as possible. Then apply a more concentrated dilution of 5 parts warm water with 1 part Stain & Odor Remover concentrate. It may take a couple of applications to overcome the medication’s impact on the bacteria.
Q: I’ve used other products (that didn’t work) on a stain. Will the bacteria blend in Stain & Odor Remover still work?
A: Unfortunately many cleaning products can leave behind harmful residues that will kill or limit the healthy bacteria in Stain & Odor Remover. The best way to counteract other products is to first use an extractor with warm water to pull up as much of the remaining old product as possible. It may take a couple of applications of Stain & Odor Remover to overcome the limiting effects of other bacteria-harming cleaners. But the good news is... it does work on many old stains.
Q: I’m a little hesitant to pour bacteria onto my carpet, drapes, and furniture. Isn’t that unhealthy?
A: Unlike dangerous bacteria that can cause disease, the strains in Stain & Odor Remover are non-pathogenic which means “not harmful to humans or animals”. The proprietary blend of bacteria strains are perfectly safe and also won’t harm your carpet, drapes, or furniture.
Q: What if my pet accidentally licks the area where I’ve used Stain & Odor Remover?
A: While we certainly don’t encourage you to allow your pet to consume Stain & Odor Remover, unlike many other cleaners, it’s safe. There is a very small chance they may experience diarrhea, otherwise they will just have some healthy bacteria in their stomachs. Our product contains no dangerous chemicals.
Is safe for pets and children
Water, bacillus spp, Anionic Surfactant
- Delivery Information
SUMMARY OF UK DELIVERY INFORMATION
For orders of £0 – £39.99 & under 2kg, delivery methods available are:
First Class – £2.99 (estimated 1–3 days)
Second Class – £2.50 (estimated 2–4 days)
For orders over £40 (and under 2kg) orders are sent Royal Mail - First Class - FREE
For Orders over £80 - Orders are sent via a tracked service - FREE
If you need a guaranteed / fully trackable delivery then there is also the option to have your order delivered by Courier as follows:
UK Mainland Next Day - £5.99
Special Postcodes - Two days £11.99
For heavier items (over 2kg), such as food, the following delivery methods are available:
For orders of £0 – £79.99
DPD Courier – £5.99 Next day – UK Mainland
DPD Courier – £11.99 Two Days – UK Special Postcodes (see Delivery & Returns section of the website for details of these)
Orders sent via DPD – Free
All orders placed before 3.00pm* will be dispatched the same working day. Orders placed after 3.00pm* will be dispatched on the following working day. *Courier deliveries have an earlier cut-off.
For courier deliveries, order cut off for same day dispatch is 1.30pm. Orders placed after 1.30pm on a Friday will be dispatched on the following Monday for delivery on Tuesday (or Wednesday for UK special postcodes).
Saturdays, Sundays and all Bank & Public Holidays are classed as non-working days and orders will be dispatched on the next working day.
Email notification will be sent once your order has been dispatched. Please double check your delivery address is correct and contact us straight away if not.
If in the unusual situation there is an issue with your order, such as an item is unexpectedly out of stock or there is an issue with delivery, we will make contact with you. In these instances, we will keep you update via email or telephone to confirm the progress of the order.
For full information including international deliveries, please see our Delivery & Returns section of the website.