How to Use : Just squeeze the recommended amount onto your fingertip. If your pet will allow you to open his mouth, simply smear the gel over his teeth and gums. If not, place the gel on his lips, paw, or muzzle, and he'll lick it off. The more he licks, the more it will mix with his saliva and coat his teeth and gums.
When smearing the gel on your pet's teeth, focus on the back molars first. Especially with cats, this is where most of the dirt accumulates. Move to the pre-molars, canines, and then the incisors.
SUGGESTED USE FOR PETS (follow instructions as detailed on label)
1. How Much Dental Gel Should I give my Pet? -To help clean very dirty teeth, apply 1 or 2 times daily after meals for the first 4 weeks. After that, apply 2 to 3 times per week (can be used daily), preferably before bedtime. For fastest results, apply gel directly to teeth and gum line. Withhold food and water for at least 30 minutes after applying so the gel can mix with saliva and coat teeth and gums. Use the following amounts:
Cats and small breed dogs (under 12 lbs.) - 1/8 tsp
Medium Dogs (13-35 lbs) -1/4 tsp
Large Dogs (36-60 lbs) - 1/3 tsp
Large and Giant Breed Dogs (over 60 lbs) - 1/2 tsp
These are general guidelines. You may want to adjust frequency of application to suit your pet's unique needs and factors such as age, breed, and cleanliness of teeth.
2. My Pet won't allow me to apply the gel to the inside of her mouth. Does it need to be applied directly to the teeth and gums to be effective?" Thegood news is – no! You can simply wipe the gel on the outside of your pet's lips, her upper muzzle near her whiskers, or even a cat's paw or front forearm and she will naturally want to lick it off. The more she licks, the better the gel will coat all of her teeth and gums.
For dogs, try offering a bit of peanut butter with the tooth gel squeezed on top.
Follow the directions above to get your pet comfortable with you touching her mouth. Now try applying the gel to your fingertip and work it through her mouth, coating the teeth and gums. Next, move to using a piece of gauze wrapped around your finger, and finally a pet finger brush to provide more mechanical abrasion.
3. Do I need to use a toothbrush with Healthy Pets Dental Gel to receive benefits?"
You will still receive benefits without using a toothbrush. With some geriatric pets with poor dental health, you may not be able to use a toothbrush due to the condition of their teeth and gums.
However, brushing can help speed up the cleaning of your dog's or cat's mouth. Use a finger brush, a soft toothbrush for pets, or a simple piece of gauze and rub along your pet's teeth and gums.
4. I have heard that rosemary oil and grain alcohol might be dangerous for pets to consume. Should I be concerned about these ingredients?"
In each application, your pet receives very small quantities of these substances. The manufacturer uses a small amount of rosemary oil to help preserve the product naturally without using chemical preservatives, and alcohol to help stabilize the essential oils.
5. I haven’t routinely brushed my middle-aged pet's teeth and they are quite dirty. Is it 'too little, too late' to start using the dental gel now?"
You're not alone when you ask this question as many pet owners are in the same shoes... The important point here is awareness of the issue and positive action to start cleaning now. Granted, the Dental Gel may not give your pet perfectly clean teeth, but you will be helping to keep them cleaner than they would be without use of the product.
Grapefruit Seed Extract, Neem Oil, Thyme Oil, Peppermint Oil, Tulsi Oil, Rosemary Oil, Cardamom Oil.
- Delivery Information
SUMMARY OF UK DELIVERY INFORMATION
For orders of £0 – £39.99 & under 2kg, delivery methods available are:
First Class / RM24 – £3.49 (estimated 1–3 days)
Second Class / RM48 – £2.99 (estimated 2–4 days)
For orders over £40 (and under 2kg) are sent Royal Mail 48 Tracked (unsigned) - FREE
For orders over £60 (and under 2kg) are sent Royal Mail 24 Tracked (unsigned) - FREE
For orders over £110 are sent DPD Courier (Royal Mail 24 Tracked for Special UK Postcodes) - FREE
If you require a guaranteed / fully trackable delivery option, or for orders weighing over 2kg, then there is also the option to have your order delivered by Courier as follows:
UK Mainland Next Day (WEEKDAY delivery) - £6.99
UK Mainland (SATURDAY delivery) - £16.99
UK Highlands & Highlands, Isle of Wight (two-day service) - £15.99
UK Offshore (N. Ireland, Isle of Man, Scilly Isles (two day service) - £18.99
ROI (two-day service) - £18.99
Channel Islands (two-day service) £18.99
GENERAL INFORMATION - SERVICE OVERVIEW
All orders placed before 3.30pm* will be dispatched the same working day. Orders placed after 3.30pm* will be dispatched on the following working day. *Courier deliveries have an earlier cut-off.
For courier deliveries, order cut off for same day dispatch is 1.30pm. Orders placed after 1.30pm on a Friday will be dispatched on the following Monday for delivery on Tuesday (or Wednesday for UK special postcodes).
Saturdays, Sundays and all Bank & Public Holidays are classed as non-working days and orders will be dispatched on the next working day.
Email notification will be sent once your order has been dispatched. Please double check your delivery address is correct and contact us straight away if not.
If in the unusual situation there is an issue with your order, such as an item is unexpectedly out of stock or there is an issue with delivery, we will make contact with you. In these instances, we will keep you update via email or telephone to confirm the progress of the order.
Further information on UK deliveries as well as full information on international deliveries, please see our Delivery & Returns section of the website.