The 8 species selected for Dr Mercola’s Whole Food Mushroom Complex for Pets include:
- Shiitake (Lentinula edodes) - Contains abundant l-ergothioneine and the immune system-supporting polysaccharide lentinan.
- Reishi (Ganoderma lucidum) - Known as a "three treasure" herb, it's thought by the Chinese to harmonise jung (life force), qi (energy), and shen (spirit).
- Maitake (Grifola frondosa) - The fruit bodies and mycelia of the Maitake contain high concentrations of immune-supporting beta-glucans.
- Lion's Mane (Hericium erinaceus) - Resembling a cheerleader's pom-pom more than a mushroom, this whitish mushroom improved memory and helped regain a sense of curiosity in a group of study mice. It is unknown whether the benefits in mice apply to cats and dogs.
- King Trumpet (Pleurotus eryngii) – Contains significant levels of l-ergothioneine, selenium, and beta-glucans. In animal studies, it helped maintain healthy cholesterol levels that were already within the normal range.
- Turkey Tail (Trametes versicolor) - Known for its rich supply of a particular type of polysaccharide – PSK – that may promote immune, digestive, urinary and respiratory health, and normal cellular growth.
- Himematsutake (Agaricus blazei) - Related to the common button mushroom, the Agaricus is noted for its high content of immune-supporting polysaccharides and other important cellular growth-supporting compounds.
- Cordyceps (Cordyceps militaris) - Chinese herbalists believe that Cordyceps replenishes Yin and Yang Jing and acts as a restorative tonic for extreme exertion, stress, or from normal aging. Also known for its ability to support energy, performance, circulation, respiratory health, and healthy cholesterol levels already in the normal range.
How can Dr Mercola’s Organic Mushroom Complex for Pets potentially help support your pet:
- Immune Health - Help support your pet's immune system with beta- and alpha-glucans and polyphenols from the blend of eight health-promoting mushrooms. These are also an excellent source of fermented foods for immune health
- Digestion - Mushrooms' naturally-occurring digestive enzymes, pre-biotics, and dietary fibre support your pet's digestive functions.
- Respiratory and Cardiovascular Health - Mushroom compounds promote circulation and oxygen production.
- Detoxification - L-ergothioneine and other mushroom compounds support your pet's normal detoxification processes.
- Joint Health - Naturally-occurring vegetarian glucosamine and essential fatty acids help support your pet's joints.
- Nutritional Health - Naturally contains vitamin D, B6, and B12, 35 chelated minerals, and over 19 amino acids to assist with bioavailability of nutrients to support your pet's liver, kidneys, and overall health and well-being.
- Skin and Coat - Natural biotin, methionine, protein, vitamins, and other unique mushroom properties help produce a lustrous coat to help your pet feel and look his or her best.
- Longevity - Super-antioxidant L-ergothioneine and other unique and potent antioxidants help reduce oxidative stress and protect against free radical damage.
Ingredients Ingredients and Directions
- Delivery Information
SUMMARY OF UK DELIVERY INFORMATION
For orders of £0 – £39.99 & under 2kg, delivery methods available are:
First Class – £2.99 (estimated 1–3 days)
Second Class – £2.50 (estimated 2–4 days)
For orders over £40 (and under 2kg) orders are sent Royal Mail - First Class - FREE
For Orders over £80 - Orders are sent via a tracked service - FREE
If you need a guaranteed / fully trackable delivery then there is also the option to have your order delivered by Courier as follows:
UK Mainland Next Day - £5.99
Special Postcodes - Two days £11.99
For heavier items (over 2kg), such as food, the following delivery methods are available:
For orders of £0 – £79.99
DPD Courier – £5.99 Next day – UK Mainland
DPD Courier – £11.99 Two Days – UK Special Postcodes (see Delivery & Returns section of the website for details of these)
Orders sent via DPD – Free
All orders placed before 3.00pm* will be dispatched the same working day. Orders placed after 3.00pm* will be dispatched on the following working day. *Courier deliveries have an earlier cut-off.
For courier deliveries, order cut off for same day dispatch is 1.30pm. Orders placed after 1.30pm on a Friday will be dispatched on the following Monday for delivery on Tuesday (or Wednesday for UK special postcodes).
Saturdays, Sundays and all Bank & Public Holidays are classed as non-working days and orders will be dispatched on the next working day.
Email notification will be sent once your order has been dispatched. Please double check your delivery address is correct and contact us straight away if not.
If in the unusual situation there is an issue with your order, such as an item is unexpectedly out of stock or there is an issue with delivery, we will make contact with you. In these instances, we will keep you update via email or telephone to confirm the progress of the order.
For full information including international deliveries, please see our Delivery & Returns section of the website.